Weekend Walk - Otari-Wilton Bush

Well hello there,

Its just a quick one today :)

Philip and I have been trying to make more of an effort to get out and about on the weekends. He works really long hours inside and I spend a lot of time at home during the week so we both need a bit of fresh air :)

Something we have found that works really well for us is going for walks. As I have big knee problems and am generally just the size of a hippo, running isn't really on the cards, but by going for a nice walk, I am able to work in some fitness while Philip gets to enjoy being outside (One of his favourite things)

This weekend the weather was nice and sunny, but VERY windy so we decided to just do a quick walk through a local native bush reserve, Otari-Wilton Bush. We have been here many times and love it ! You would have no idea you are in the middle of suburbia, there are lots of native New Zealand plants and birds, and there are lots of different tracks catering to every time limit and ability.

As I said, we did the shortest route, but it was still lovely to get out of the house, and while we were there I took some pictures which I would love to share below :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may become a bit of a feature if we are good and keep to our plan of a walk a week, so watch this space for updates :)

What do you like to do to relax on the weekend ?? :)

Till next time,
S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment